My Guide Website?
Chicago: Vice, Crime and Gangsters Self-Guided Audio Tour5 Reviews
Delve into Chicago’s crooked past with this self-guided audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS playback as you immerse yourself in the history of crime, gangsters, and vice in the notorious city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youʻre booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Find the city’s dark side with stories of opium trade, vices, and a shanty town
- Hear from producer Richard Junger, an urban historian and author
- Do it all in 75 minutes or linger at stops along the way
- Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionYou may think you know Al Capone and Eliot Ness, but you don’t know the Chicagoans who came before and educated them. On this walking tour, you’ll go back in time to the city’s earliest days and hear about the first crime bosses, sex workers, card sharks, con men, saloon keepers, corrupt police officers, opium addicts, and crooked politicians. This circular walk takes you through the River North and northern Loop neighborhoods with views of some of Chicago’s best-known public sculptures and structures. Get up close and personal with Tribune Tower, the Wrigley Building, Merchandise Mart and the city’s other top tourist attractions, as well as lesser-known ones, including: • Brothels and bagnios • Gambling resorts • Cheap saloons • Squatter settlements • Fleabag boarding houses There are plenty of cafes, restaurants and bars along the way for a quick or lengthy stop, including the enigmatic Billy Goat Tavern. Why was nineteenth-century Chicago known as the “Wickedest City in the World?” Take this tour and find out!
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour The download should only take a few minutes to complete If it takes longer, please cancel the download, go to Library, select Library and download the tour from there. The tour is only available in English. Bring your own smartphone and headphones for the tour.