My Guide Website?
Chicago: Gangsters and Ghosts Guided Walking Tour833 Reviews
Embark on a history-based guided walking tour and discover the stories of Chicago’s gangsters and ghosts. Learn about the city’s darker side and creepy past as you explore the Chicago Loop district.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youʻre booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about the dark history of Chicago's South Loop from a historian guide
- Hear true tales of Chicago's gangster past and learn how Al Capone ran his empire
- Listen to eerie tales of ghosts that are said to lurk around historic landmarks
- Explore Death Alley, Chicago Riverwalk, the Palmer House and the Chicago Theatre
- Visit the Congress Hotel and learn about the creepy incidents on the 12th floor
DescriptionDiscover a different side of Chicago on a family-friendly guided tour and hear the tales of the ghosts, and gangsters, that haunt the city. Explore the Chicago South Loop district with your historian guide, uncovering the many mysteries hidden behind every turn. Meet your guide in the heart of the Chicago South Loop, known as a notorious vice district during the 1920s and 30s. Stroll through his now upmarket area of the city which was once home to underground speakeasies, secret tunnels, and bootleggers. Hear the true stories of Chicago's bloody past and the gangsters who caused havoc in the city. See the places notorious figures such as Al Capone used to party, make deals, and carry out 'business'. You will also enjoy a short rest stop at a famous former gangster hangout. Discover the legends of the ghosts that are said to lure along the Chicago Riverwalk and the aptly named Death Alley. Stop at haunted locations including Palmer House, and the Chicago Theatre, before finishing with a visit to the Congress Hotel, one of the most haunted places in Illinois.
IncludesGuided walking tour Historian guide Visits inside the Congress Hotel and the Palmer House
- This tour is not recommended for people with infants The tour is 1.5 miles total walking, with a 20-minute break at a famous gangster hangout Children aged 6 and under can join this tour for free