My Guide Website?
Chicago: Ultimate Food Walking Tour with Tastings34 Reviews
Join the ultimate foodie adventure in Chicago with a food and tasting walking tour. Explore from deep-dish pizza to Chicago-style hot dogs and get the insider's take on the city’s culinary history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youʻre booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Get a taste of Chicago’s most famous food in one of the city’s most historic neighborhoods
- Discover why locals have so much passion for their very own Chicago-style hot dog
- Enjoy a slice of pizza taken to a whole new level in deep-dish form
- Tap into Chicago’s immigrant roots with a bite of Italian beef from one of the city’s original vendors
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionYour Chicago food tour will take you through the River North neighborhood — the original Chicago foodie destination — to sample some world-famous Chicago dishes, local favorites, and sweet treats. Choose between a shared group or private tour. Start with a very well-known Chicago dish: the Chicago-style hot dog. Perfect for summers at a baseball game (cheering on the Cubs or Sox of course), or for a quick lunch on a workday, this local take on a hot dog is a debate-worthy food in Chicago and is taken very seriously by locals. You will also sample the world-famous Chicago deep-dish pizza! An entire meal unto itself, this staple of the Chicago food scene originated in River North in the 1940s when workers and families needed filling dishes at low prices. After you’ve filled up on pizza and hot dogs, continue your tasting journey with a classic Chicago sandwich: Italian beef. This hearty meal came about during the Depression, and it’s here to stay. Conclude your Chicago foodie experience here, with easy access to the ‘L’. Even if you say you’ll never be hungry again, don’t forget to note some great dinner recommendations from your guide.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide 3 food stops 3 food samples (Chicago-style hot dog, deep-dish pizza, and Chicago sandwich with beef)
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices This tour might not be suitable for vegans or vegetarians