My Guide Website?
Chicago: Museum of Science and Industry Ticket22 Reviews
Explore the largest science center in the Western hemisphere with this ticket to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. Bring science, technology, and engineering to life through exhibits.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youʻre booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore 35,000 awe-inspiring artifacts at hundreds of exciting exhibits
- Feel the thrill of controlling a 40-foot tornado and triggering an avalanche
- Enjoy “Christmas Around the World”, a Chicago holiday tradition since 1942
- Tour the only WW2 German Submarine that was captured by the USA
- Experience the fun of seeing the Apollo 8 capsule which circled the moon in 1968
DescriptionEnjoy hands-on activities and live science experiments with this ticket to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. Be inspired to innovate as you explore this museum that is housed in the only remaining building from the 1893 World’s Fair in Chicago. Discover 14 acres of fun hands-on exhibits allow you to learn by doing. Take a closer look at the science behind the weather with recreations of natures most powerful phenomena: tornados, lightning, fire, tsunamis, sunlight, avalanches and atoms. See a giant Tesla coil that zaps 1.2 million volts of lightning above your head. Take a tour of your digestive system. Go on a run in a human sized hamster wheel. Board a 727 hanging from the ceiling and tour a fully-functioning eco-home. Visit a real toy factory staffed by 12 moving robots and a 2,000 sq ft assembly line. Descend into an Illinois Coal mine. Learn about both the history and the future of space travel at the Henry Crown Space Center. FROM 17 November - 7 January: Explore Christmas Around the World, a beloved annual celebration featuring a four-story, floor-to-dome Grand Tree, surrounded by a forest of more than 50 trees and displays decorated by volunteers to represent the holiday traditions from cultures around the globe. Located just a few miles South of Downtown Chicago, with convenient underground parking, this is the place to discover the joys of science through interactive exhibits, hands-on activities, live science experiments, special events, and 3-D movie screenings.
IncludesTimed ticket for Museum of Science and Industry Chirstmas Around the World (November 17 2023 - January 7 2024)
- Daily capacity is limited and advance ticket purchase is required
- Certain exhibits, classrooms, and lab activities with limited space for physical distancing require masks to be worn
- You may bring your own lunch or you can purchase food and drinks at the Museum Kitchen or Stan’s Donuts