My Guide Website?
Chicago: American Writers Museum Flexible Date Entry Ticket56 Reviews
Explore over 400 years of American writing of all genres with this entry ticket to the American Writers Museum. Benefit from a flexible entry date and see the interactive Nation of Writers Gallery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youʻre booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Engage your brain with interactive timelines, videos, and a word waterfall
- Try writing a short story or a poem on a vintage typewriter at the museum
- Discover a range of writers including Dickinson, Dr. Seuss, Poe, and Prince
- Learn about writers, poets, and journalists who took inspiration from Chicago
- Fun for readers and writers of all ages, with free entry for children under 13
DescriptionLearn about the history of writing and how it has shaped American culture with a ticket to the American Writers Museum in Chicago. Stroll through exhibits that appeal to all 5 senses, explore the intricacies of language through games, and write your own story on a vintage typewriter. Enter the museum on any day within 14 days of your chosen date. Connect with your favorite authors and writings from more than 5 centuries while exploring and discovering works of every type, including poetry, lyrics, speeches, drama, fiction, nonfiction, and journalism. Explore the permanent exhibits of the museum. Start with the Nation of Writers Gallery and follow the interactive timeline. Stop at the surprise bookshelf and engage all 5 of your scenes. Watch videos, see dioramas, and marvel at the Word Waterfall. Next, head to the Mind of a Writer Gallery for insights into how writers think. Learn about the daily discipline and habits necessary to get the work done and the deep understanding of the language required to make the writing sing. Continue to the Chicago Gallery honoring Chicago poets, novelists, journalists, and writers who found inspiration from the Windy City. Next, bring your kids to the Children's Gallery and relax in one of the cozy reading areas or the interactive reading space.
IncludesEntry to all permanent exhibits and special exhibits Self-guided tour
- Entry is free for children 12 and under, but you are required to reserve a free ticket for them Both active teachers and students with may book the reduced date with a valid academic ID presented upon arival You may enter on your chosen date or any day up to 14 days after your chosen ticket date The museum is open 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. from Thursday to Monday