My Guide Website?
Chicago: Prohibition Speakeasies Bus Tour or Walking Tour20 Reviews
Learn about the stories of gangsters, politicians, and more in the spaces where it happened on a bus or walking tour. Visit the speakeasies that made the famous, infamous.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youʻre booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore 3 or 4 Chicago Speakeasies on a guided tour
- Choose between a Downtown walking tour or a neighborhood bus tour
- Learn about the fascinating history of Prohibition in Chicago
- See where notorious gangsters and high society drank during Prohibition
- Enjoy drink recommendations for you to purchase at each of the Speakeasies
DescriptionDiscover the history of some of Chicago’s famous Prohibition Speakeasies with the option to buy a few drinks along the way. Choose between the Hidden in Plain Sight walking tour in Downtown Chicago or the Chicago Prohibition neighborhood bus tour. Hidden in Plain Sight: Downtown Walking Tour On this tour, get a closer look at how alcohol flowed through the streets of Chicago. From the “down and dirty” gangster hangouts to the “jackets required” establishments for Chicago’s elite, learn what it took for all Chicagoans to get their booze. Follow your guide as they take you to three iconic Chicago speakeasy staples in the Loop and River North, where everyone from Chicago’s most notorious gangsters to the most respected members of high society drank. Learn how much things have changed and yet have stayed the same. Original Chicago Prohibition Bus Tour This bus-driven neighborhood speakeasy experience visits 4 neighborhood speakeasies. Learn about the full history of Prohibition and get an insight into the drinks you can order to represent the era. The bus takes the group from location to location. Visit historic establishments in the Gold Coast Historic District, Lincoln Park, Wicker Park, and River North.
IncludesProfessional guide Walking tour (if option chosen) Bus tour (if option chosen) Entry to 3 or 4 Speakeasies (depending on the option chosen) Professional Driver (for bus tour)
- Tour groups are no larger than 20 people Please bring cash or credit cards if you wish to purchase food or drink at the Speakeasies The walking tour is less than 1 mile long Tours operate rain, snow, or shine These are adults-only tours including adult themes and adult language