My Guide Website?
Chicago: Lake Michigan Educational 'Tall Ship Windy' Cruise7 Reviews
Take an exciting educational adventure aboard Tall Ship Windy with this cruise from Navy Pier in Chicago. Watch as Great Lakes history and maritime traditions come to life.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youʻre booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Lake Michigan while taking in views of Chicago's towering skyline
- Engage with history while sailing aboard on a traditional 4-mast schooner
- Learn new skills like making knots, hoisting the sails, and shooting the canon
- Enjoy a family-friendly experience that is fun for both children and adults
- Have the option to purchase tasty snacks and drinks onboard the schooner
DescriptionEnjoy a hands-on sailing experience aboard the iconic 'Tall Ship Windy.' Glide over the shimmering waters of Lake Michigan and admire views of the Chicago skyline. Try your hand at sailing with this family-friendly outing. Discover how to make maritime knots, hoist sails, and shoot the canon. Hop aboard the 148-foot, traditional topsail schooner and gaze up at the towering 4 masts. Set off as your guide provides you with tidbits of local history from the decks of this floating classroom. This unique learning experience combines physics, ecology, history, and storytelling. Take an active part in sailing the vessel. Watch the kids’ faces light up with excitement as they turn theory into practice, have real fun, and engage with history. Make history come alive with an exciting educational adventure for curious minds of all ages.
IncludesInstructor Captain Cruise
- This experience takes place every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 11:00 AM