My Guide Website?
Chicago: Gangsters and Food Tasting Walking Tour44 Reviews
Taste some of Chicago's most iconic foods while walking through one of the Prohibition Eraâ€™s most fashionable and notorious gangster-ridden neighborhoods in Downtown Chicago.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youÊ»re booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn the history behind Chicago's most iconic foods and the food tasting venues
- Taste Chicago staples like juicy steak, hot dogs, and Chicago deep dish pizza
- Hear stories about Chicagoâ€™s most famous gangsters
- Enter old gangster hideouts including an old underground tunnel used by Capone
- See where gangsters relaxed, did deals or maybe met a sticky end
DescriptionTaste some of Chicago's most iconic foods while walking through one of the Prohibition Eraâ€™s most fashionable and notorious neighborhoods. Learn about Chicago's world-famous cuisine and the gangsters who ate it all in one special unique tour! Sample two types of pizza - Chicagoâ€™s deep dish and historic tavern-style â€“ as well as prime steak and the world famous â€œChicago hot dog' all while treading the streets of Caponeâ€™s closest friends and dreaded enemies. Highlights include a visit to an old tunnel used by prohibition gangsters in the basement of one of the establishments; a mansion once used a a brothel for gangsters; the Cathedral where gangsters were gunned down by Caponeâ€™s men; and a restaurant owned by the man who brought down what was left of the Chicago mafia in the early 2000â€™s.
IncludesThree food tastings Water and soft drinks Expert local guide Tours of old Al Capone hide outs Food & Gangster History in Chicago's River North neighborhood
- The tour is a walking tour about 1 mile long, with 4 stops. Food tastings add up to a good lunch meal Tour departs rain or shine