My Guide Website?
Chicago Districs: A Self-Guided Audio Tour
Breeze through the captivating art and architecture in the iconic Windy City on this self-guided audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS-playback on this immersive stroll through Chicago.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youʻre booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Soak in the art and iconic locales of the Windy City.
- Hear from producer Phil Biedron, an actor and tour guide
- Do it all in 120 minutes or linger at stops along the way with complete control
- Get unlimited use of the tour before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionTake in Chicago’s concrete giants while I share fascinating stories about quirky artworks, local tragedy, and the city’s journey to revitalisation. This walking tour around the city’s Loop and River Northstarts smack-dab in the middle of the city, in front of one of the most prestigious galleries in the world, the Art Institute of Chicago. The institute is well-known for its excellent collection of French impressionist paintings, but you’ll see plenty of artwork outside its confines, too. There are the bronze lions that frame the institute, and, of course, the famous Cloud Gate in Millennium Park which we locals affectionately call “the Bean”. This will probably be your first selfie pic of the day (and for good reason)! As you continue your journey across the Dusable Bridge and along the Chicago Riverwalk, you’ll come face to face with the impressive skyscrapers that frame Michigan Avenue. Stroll down the Magnificent Mile and crane your neck upward, there’s a lot to see up top! Along the way, I’ll show you the 24-carat gold-capped Carbide and Carbon building and the Wrigley Building, the first office block to be built north of the Chicago River. At the Tribune Tower, you’ll get the chance to lay your hands on rocks and stones from over 120 locations in the world, including the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, and the Parthenon. You’ll also see the city within a city known as Marina City Towers, the Chicago Theatre with its iconic neon sign, and Block 37 where the city’s first skyscrapers were built.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.