My Guide Website?
Chicago: Art Institute of Chicago Skip-the-Line Ticket332 Reviews
Enjoy expedited entry to the Art Institute of Chicago, home to a collection of art that spans centuries and the globe.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Chicago:If youʻre booking your trip to Chicago last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Skip the general admission lines and walk straight into the museum
- See European masterpieces from Monet and Van Gogh to Picasso and Dalí
- Admire American icons like Edward Hopper's “Nighthawks”
- Experience a collection spanning 5,000 years
DescriptionPre-book and skip the lines to enter the world-renowned Art Institute of Chicago. Experience the museum’s vast collection spanning 5,000 years of art from around the world. See iconic works like Seurat's 'A Sunday Afternoon on La Grand Jatte,' Renoir's 'Two Sisters (On the Terrace),” several works by Van Gogh, and more than 25 paintings by Claude Monet. Must-sees also include paintings like Edward Hopper's “Nighthawks'' and Grant Wood's “American Gothic,” as well as unforgettable works by Georgia O’Keeffe, Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Salvador Dalí, Andy Warhol, Alma Thomas, Cindy Sherman, and Kerry James Marshall. Continue your museum journey around the world and through the centuries with the museum’s outstanding collection of works—from ancient Egyptian objects through 5,000 years of Asian art, a rich selection of works from across Africa, and onto the wide-ranging holdings of arts of Europe and the Americas. Families won’t want to miss favorites like the armored knights and armor collection or the wonders of our 68 Thorne Miniature Rooms. Plus, a stop in the museum’s Ryan Learning Center offers art-making activities and the chance to create your very own custom adventure-filled tour of the galleries with the interactive JourneyMaker. Enjoy an expertly guided experience of the museum at one of our free daily tours, or take it at your own pace with the engaging audio tours available on the museum’s free app.
IncludesFast Pass Ticket to the permanent collection and non-ticketed special exhibitions Free WiFi Free downloadable mobile app to explore the museum and listen to audio tours in English, Spanish, and Mandarin
- The checkroom at the Museum is closed, so please pack lightly for your visit. The following items will not be allowed in the museum: bags and purses larger than 13 x 17 x 4 inches, backpack baby carriers, shopping bags, art materials other than a pencil, flowers, balloons, toys, flash attachments, and wrapped packages
- The Art Institute is easily accessible by buses and trains. Many underground parking lots are also only a block away.
- A limited number of wheelchairs and strollers are available for free on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Vouchers are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The museum is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.